четверг, 29 декабря 2016 г.

The Silence Between the Beats

The Silence Between the Beats


The Silence Between the Beats


The Silence Between the Beats ...and I feel like my industry, digital media, doesn't leave much room for this studied care. We publish stories and fix them on the spot, we get things out the door, we glorify the go-go-go. And that's all fine. But, in my own time, in my own writing and reading and even conversations, I want to let go of that and live in this other rhythm. It's my heartbeat when I'm sitting in a coffee shop and look up from a book, pausing to take an idea. It's the rhythm when I read Yeats out loud, or walk with gentle purpose. It's the tide coming in, fat rain falling. It's the sand through my fingers and the stone I suck on. It's the silence between the beats and the beats themselves ~ Words are those of Jane Flanagan. Read more here on her exceptional blog Ill Seen, Ill Said. This is one of the places I go to when I want to be in that other rhythm.


Original article and pictures take http://www.flickr.com/photos/42902410@N06/6348702840/ site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий